Front-End Web Developer / UX Engineer
Paradigm is seeking a collaborative, detail-oriented problem solver to join our team as a Front-End Web Developer / UX Engineer. If you have strong opinions on text editors and live for the satisfaction that can only come from fixing that last bug, let’s talk.
A Front-End Developer / UX Engineer at Paradigm bridges the gap between visual design and technical implementation. You’ll work with a tightly integrated team of designers and developers to translate web designs into fully functional experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in all aspects of client project web development assignments
- Build and maintain responsive dynamic database driven websites for our customers
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision
- Write and maintain custom responsive themes for various CMS’
- Support and maintain existing client projects
- Create coded projects that may be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities
- Provide quality control over both code and visual concepts/designs
- Collaborate closely with other web developers, interface designers, software developers and account strategists
We’re looking for a developer who’s ready to dive in headfirst on day one. You should have a solid foundation of web development knowledge, preferably in an agency setting.
Specific requirements include:
- Responsive design
- Mobile-friendly patterns
- Web performance optimization (page load efficiency, caching, and coding for SEO)
- Adherence to common and trending UX design patterns
- WordPress (CMS) Development – Experience with, and understanding of, how basic hooks, actions, logic and structure work. Including:
- Theme development, child themes and template creation
- Creating basic extensions and/or plugins
- Creating intuitive, user-friendly interfaces for public-facing and administrative experiences
- Platforms – WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and other open source CMS platforms
- Workflow – Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or webpack
- Experience creating responsive design coded emails
- Familiarity with Adobe products
- Familiarity with Atomic design principles
A developer at Paradigm must be a thinker as much as a doer. You’ll work in a collaborative environment where you’re expected to bring new ideas to the table and often execute on them. It’s a unique opportunity for a developer who’s passionate about trying new things.
A candidate with the following traits will fit right in:
- Detail-Oriented: You are a stickler for all the little details with the ability to maintain well documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Self Starting – You are personally responsible for your work product, milestones and deadlines.
- Curious – You are ever curious, open to learning and a good researcher in finding answers.
- Critical Thinking – You are capable of working through project challenges in advocating for the best solution on client projects.
- Collaborative – You enjoy collaboration of teamwork in creating successful projects.
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of professional front-end web development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study
Paradigm is a full-service branding and digital marketing firm that’s been around longer than Google. Since 1995, we’ve expanded our expertise, grown our team, and never stopped pursuing “what’s next.” We are creators and communicators. We are designers and developers. We are storytellers and strategists. We are Paradigm.
Make Great Things With Us
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary, 401(k) plan, health, dental, vision, disability coverage; life insurance, paid time off as well as reimbursement for continuing education. You’ll enjoy a thriving firm culture in an inspiring work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.