We’re looking for a front-end web developer / engineer to join Paradigm’s Web team in our Saint Louis office.
Front-End Web Developer / Engineer Overview:
- As a member of our Web team, a participates in all aspects of client project web development assignments.
- Build and maintain responsive dynamic database driven websites for our customers
- Manage on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Write and maintain custom WordPress responsive themes and plugins
- Support and maintain existing client projects
- Create coded projects that may be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities.
- Provide quality control over both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Collaborate closely with other web developers, interface designers, software developers and account strategists.
- Responsive design
- Mobile-friendly patterns
- Web performance optimization (page load efficiency, caching, and coding for SEO)
- Adherence to common and trending UX design patterns
- WordPress (CMS) development – Experience with, and understanding of, how basic hooks, actions, logic and structure work. For example:
- Theme development, child themes and template creation
- Working with existing frameworks and plugins
- Creating basic extensions and/or plugins
- Creating intuitive, user-friendly interfaces for public-facing and administrative experiences.
- Platforms – WordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, SiteFinity, Umbraco
- Workflow – Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as git/svn/etc
- Detail-Oriented – You are a stickler for all the little details with the ability to maintain well documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Self Starting – You are personally responsible for your work product, milestones and deadlines
- Curious – You are ever curious, open to learning and a good researcher in finding answers
- Critical Thinking – You are capable of working through project challenges in advocating for the best solution on client projects
- Collaborative – You enjoy collaboration of teamwork in creating successful projects
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of front-end web development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study
- Experience with SCSS and/or LESS
- Experience with build tools such as grunt, gulp, or webpack
- Experience creating responsive design coded emails
- Familiarity with Adobe products
- Familiarity with Atomic design principles
Qualified candidates please archive and submit your cover letter, resume, relevant project demos, code-samples, and related resources by completing the form in the link below:
We are a full-service branding and digital marketing firm in Saint Louis. We bring together strategy, design and technology in helping our clients reach their audience and be understood.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary, 401(k) plan, health, dental, vision, disability coverage; life insurance, paid time off as well as reimbursement for continuing education. You’ll enjoy a thriving firm culture in an inspiring work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.