Where Do I Begin?
What is the difference between an “app” and a web application? Web application development is the process of creating custom applications for businesses. These web applications include intranets, portals for clients or employees, databases, forms – the list is infinite. Custom web applications connect businesses internally and enhance ease of use when collecting information from employees, clients, or prospects.
Our innovative team of developers can create web applications for the following systems:
- Sitefinity / DotNetNuke / SiteCore
- Drupal / Joomla
- CakePHP / CodeIgniter
- Ruby on Rails
- iOS (Objective-C) / Pure Android (Java) Mobile Apps
- Content Management Systems
- Magento / WooCommerce / Shopify / Volusion / Iciniti (eCommerce Systems & Shopping Carts)
- Mobile Web Applications
- Custom Web Applications
- Web Forms
- Database Development & Integration
- Server Hosting, Security Consulting & Setup
Need eCommerce services? We can do that too. Whether you’re an established business looking for a new way to sell your product, a budding entrepreneur with the next great idea, or an eCommerce veteran always looking to improve, we can help. We build a secure, custom online storefronts that ooze with your brand’s personality and functions exactly the way you need it to.
We specialize in:
- Magento storefronts (open source)
- Volusion storefronts
- Product shopping carts and user checkout functionality
- Content Management Systems
- Merchant account integration
- Module integration & customization
- Store site hosting, site security, & PCI compliance
- Custom payment gateways and form integration
We know that you believe in your product, and a true eCommerce store should reflect this. In addition to designing and building your new online store, Paradigm can provide you with advice and ideas on how to market your product with honest, accurate, and unique product descriptions, as well as arm you with an effective content strategy.
Contact Paradigm to learn more about building the right eCommerce store for your business.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
With immense functionality, content management systems allow you to seamlessly make changes to many parts of your website much in the same manner that you update a social media profile. Content management systems are a business convenience best produced by our web application development specialists at Paradigm.
We will recommend a framework to meet your needs that will quickly update news, events, and photos to meet your visitors’ expectations. Our CMS expertise includes a wide array of development platforms including WordPress, DotNetNuke, Drupal, Expression Engine, Ruby on Rails, Sitefinity, SiteCore, Ektron and Joomla.
What Can You Do In a CMS?
- Add and edit events
- Create a faculty/staff directory
- Add your own content
- Check all of your spelling with an editor similar to word processing programs
- Add videos, audio, photos and image galleries
- Blog with multiple authors
- Assign different authorities to different users
- Assign and approve drafts before pages are published
- Incorporate eCommerce platforms
With a content management system, you can customize your needs any way you see fit. If you don’t see a capability on this list that you need, we will create it!
Paradigm has helped a multitude of clients create websites and blogs on the WordPress open-source Content Management platform. We know how to make WordPress sites sing and dance.
WordPress has helped create millions of websites, including a number of Fortune 500 companies. It is seen by tens of millions of people everyday, and the in-depth knowledge of all of its nooks and crannies is exceedingly valuable. Some of its key benefits include:
- Open Source and supported by thousands of developers/testers
- Expandable through thousands of available Custom Modules
- Built-in Blog Tools
- Social Media Integration
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools
Just when you thought we could not be more prepared to handle all of your web needs. Yes, we also provide web hosting. We partner with varying levels of hosting providers to meet the specific technology requirements of a given website, mobile app or web application project.
Software and Technologies
- Web Servers: Apache, IIS, Nginx, Node.js
- Cloud Architectures: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MediaTemple DV, Rackspace Cloud
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB
- Internal Bits: Jabber, Git, SVN, Trac, ActiveCollab, Server Density, Pingdom, Zendesk
- External Bits: Google Apps, Google Visualizations API, Mapnik, OpenStreetMap, Varnish, Memcached, GitHub